How to Keep Your House Clean With Pets
Raising your pet in your home can be such a fun experience, and create a loving environment for you and your family. However, we know that it’s hard to have a pet and a clean home can be a balancing act that can get tricky at times. We love our pets, but wish their messes were sold separately! Keeping your house clean is a necessity for you and your pet. If you have been struggling with maintaining the cleanliness of your house, here a few tips on how you can keep your house clean while living with your pets:
- Robotic Vacuum cleaner- Fur can be such a hassle trying to clean up and sweeping, vacuuming, and lint rollers can only do so much. Let’s not forget the other dirt and messes your pet loves to bring in your home. With a robotic vacuum cleaner, you are able to turn it on at your convenience and watch it do the work for you. Creating a schedule of how often you turn it on can keep your house fur and dirt-free at all times. The robotic vacuum cleaner is a great way you can keep your house clean while living with your pets
- Cover-ups- Keeping your furniture and other amenities in your house intact can be a challenge while having a pet. That is why cover-ups like an old blanket or sheet over your couch, or other spots that your pet loves to frequent, can be extremely helpful. This maintains the cleanliness of your furniture and whenever your pet makes a mess, you can easily throw it in the washer machine.
- Keeping your pet clean- This is an invaluable, often overlooked tip, on how you can keep your house clean while living with your pets. Bathing and maintaining your pet’s cleanliness can be the trick in stabilizing the odors and the overall freshness in your home. This is also important to your pets well being, brushing their teeth, and giving them baths, help maintain their overall health. Depending on if your pet is short-haired or long-haired can be a factor in how often you wash her/him, but creating a calendar for bathing can be helpful!
- Knowing your pet- If every time you walk your dog he tends to get dirty, whether it’s because she/he loves mud or likes to roam around in the grass, noting these things can be very helpful. After noting your pet’s habits, you can adjust accordingly. Instead of bringing your dog immediately in the house after walks, maybe set up a cleaning station in the garage, and rid of her/him of all the dirt before entering the house. Being prepared is a simple way to avoid messes.
- Being proactive when cleaning messes- The best way to prevent a mess from creating a stain, or an unpleasant smell, is to simply clean it up as soon as you see it. Being proactive and cleaning up messes quickly is an important part of maintaining a clean house. The faster the mess is gone the better, and the less chance of it possibly becoming a worse mess or a tricky stain.
Having a pet is a rewarding experience that can bring you so much joy and happiness. That is why implementing these little tips can help you enjoy your pet even more, and stress less about the cleanliness of your house.
Fon Jon Pet Care is a full-service doggie daycare and pet boarding facility located in San Diego. We offer training classes, in-lodge training, pet bathing and more. Call us today at (858)-280-3605 to learn more about Fon Jon.